Wondering what to do with those unwanted holiday presents? Here are a few tips for you:
1. Ask the giver for the receipt. If you don’t feel it will hurt their feelings or cause a problem, be honest and open and see if the gift is returnable.
2. Some stores will only honor the lowest sales price if you don’t have a receipt so be prepared to get less bank than you originally thought.
3. Stores will normally not give you cash in return for an item, so expect a gift card.
4. Sell unwanted items on Craig’s List or eBay. Sometimes the market place is flooded right after the holidays and its best to wait a few weeks until posting.
5. Some stores will always take items back. Zappos will allow returns for 365 days and L. L. Bean always accepts items in return. Its best to know where your gift was purchased so you can best return.
6. Donate the item to charity and ask for a tax write off. This can be a gift in itself!