I get asked a lot about what I eat. I’m always on the go so eating healthy can be a challenge. I finally decided to make a list for you of my favorite on the go foods and why I love them.
1. String cheese. While this does need to be kept cool its a great low calorie snack that has some fat to sustain me and some protein as well.
2. Protein bars. Bars come in all sorts of shapes, flavors and sizes with all sorts of varying protein and sugar levels so may take some time to find ones that are right for you. However, my favorite right now is the new coconut Luna Bar. It takes like a Girl Scout Cookies.
3. Fruit. I love fruit. Its portable, easy to eat on the go and when I’m craving sweets, I can always grab and orange instead. I always keep a fresh supply of fruit on hand and eat it as I want throughout the day.
4. Nuts. While you’ve all read that nuts are great snacks, you need to take it one step further to make them portable. When you purchase a can of nuts, take a few moments to divide them up into small portable plastic or glass containers. Doing so will allow you to grab and go.
5. Water bottles. I always have a water bottle with me. No matter what. I then carry an assortment of flavor packets so I can decide what I feel like while on the go.
6. Juice boxes. I love a refreshing beverage on the go. However its tough to keep them cold. Pop them in the freezer and grab them on your way out of the house. They will defrost but still be cold when you’re ready to drink!