I’m a visual person. If I don’t see it, I don’t remember it. Even the most organized person needs to know how they work best and having a visual schedule helps me.
Although it may seem silly to some people, there are things I write down every month and I put them on my calendar to make sure I remember them and address them every month or every few months. Here is a list of a few of them. While these may not work for you, the list is designed to get you thinking about those things that always seem to sneak by you.
1. Clean jewelry. I use an ultra sonic cleaner to clean my wedding jewelry every month. I also clean my silver jewelry every few weeks.
2. Clean the car. I clean the inside of my car every month or so. Although I can obviously tell it needs to be cleaned when I drive it, I can often forget all about it once I’m in the house.
3. Empty my deleted items folder. If I don’t empty this every few weeks it gets very baked up and then cleaning it out is more time consuming.
4. Baking up phone contacts. This should be done every month or so to ensure you never lose too many phone contacts, emails or photos.
5. Backing up computer data. I do this every week to ensure my files are always up to date.
Find the things that you need to accomplish on a reoccurring basis and write those down where you can see them. Encourage family members to do the same.