10 Dinners that take less than 30 minutes to cook:
1) Pasta with chicken, broccoli, olive oil, and garlic
2) Homemade pizzas (you can buy fresh dough from most supermarkets, or keep some homemade dough on hand in the fridge/freezer)
3) Beef or turkey burgers on whole-wheat buns with a green salad on the side
4) Grilled or pan-roasted sausages with peppers, broccoli or zucchini, and roasted potatoes
5) Quesadillas on whole-wheat tortillas with a salad of sliced avocado, tomato, and corn
6) Thinly sliced chicken breasts or thighs cooked in a skillet with honey mustard and chicken broth – serve either over rice or in toasted pita with a green salad or vegetables and dip
7) Creamy tomato soup – you can dress it up by adding spinach and pasta to the soup, or serve it with sandwiches
8) Simple grilled chicken salads (grill chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil, then serve over mixed greens with any other vegetables you like, nuts, cheeses, and your family’s favorite dressing)
9) “Pizza burgers” – cook beef, chicken, or turkey patties in a large skillet, topped with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce. Serve bunless, with salad or steamed broccoli.
10) Buffalo lettuce wraps – cook diced chicken, ground turkey, or even already-peeled and deveined shrimp with olive oil, thinly sliced carrots, diced bell peppers, garlic, and some bottled Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot). Serve in large Bibb lettuce leaves with shredded cheddar or crumbled blue cheese , with fruit on the side.
Bri DeRosa likes to think of herself as a young, cool, urban fringe locavore, but the reality is, she’s just a working mom, neither quite as young nor as cool as she used to pretend to be, who’s trying to figure out how to get everybody fed. See how that’s all working out for her and her family at Red,Round,or Green.