While being happy is objective and different things will work for everyone, I wanted to take a few moments to give you some ideas of things to do (or not do!) to live a little bit happier life.
1. Be honest. If you want something, say something. Don’t expect others to know what you desire or need. Be firm, but honest. People love to help others. Ask for what you want.
2. Do nothing. Take some time every day to do nothing. If you are constantly thinking about other things, you can never find the space in your mind to be creative, brain storm or relax. Give your self a little space.
3. Everyone needs to be creative. If you are a stay at home mom, a company president or anything in between, you can benefit from being creative. Sing, dance, play, and think of new ways to make your life better!
4. Do things that scare you. There is a saying (commonly seen on Pinterest) that says “Do one thing a day that scares you.” If you never challenge yourself, you will never grow.
5. Fun. Leave time for fun. Again if you are crazy busy, how you can possibly find time to enjoy yourself? Leave time to do silly things. Go to the park with your kids, dance to loud music, and just generally be open to fun, even if it arrives at inopportune times.
6. Reward yourself. When you accomplish a goal or when you complete necessary tasks, give yourself a little something. It can be as simple as a great cup of coffee or as large as a day at the spa. Whatever works for you.
7. Connect with those around you. Often we look at our screens all day and fail to look around and connect with our coworkers, friends and even family. Adopt screen free time and make a point to write letters, make phone calls or even connect online as a last resort.