It’s that time of year again. Gift buying time. And although most of us dread it, it doesn’t have to be that way. I challenge you to change the way you think about shopping. This year focus on gifts that give something a bit different. I’m going to review and tell you about presents that are good for the Earth, good for you, or avoid clutter.
Clutter free gifts is the term I call things that can be experienced, eaten, consumed or used up. It can also extend to things that are very useful. So this year, I’ve collected some unique ideas I hope you’ll love.
1. Everyone uses olive oil in their cooking. It’s one of the most universally used items in the kitchen. So tis holiday, instead of bringing a bottle of wine that will probably sit on someone’s shelf and collect dust, why not bring a bottle of gourmet olive oil? I was able to try out a bottle of olive oil from the OliveOilLovers.com and it was amazing. They have so many choices on their website it is shocking. You can sort by type (extra virgin, infused, etc) or the country where it was made. I love the idea of giving olive oil as a gift to anyone who loves to cook, wants to be healthy or loves to try new things. They are an affordable gift to order at the last minute or have on hand during the holidays. Take a peek at their whole selection.
2. Regardless if you are looking for a gift to give or something to bake for those in your family with food allergies, Mina’s Purley Divine Mixes will be your life saver. These mixes come in a variety of flavors and types. I was lucky enough to be able to try out the gluten free bread. I made it quickly and easily, let it rise and baked it. I felt as if it were no real effort at all. The end result? Amazing, warm, home made gluten free bread. Try all of the mixes for those in your family who need a little something special to take care of their allergies or health. I am going to order some for a dear friend who suffers from lots of food allergies. It is so hard to find things that taste good and are good for you! If you love pizza, but can’t have gluten, Venice Bakery‘s pre made crusts are perfect. They arrive in vacuum packed containers so you only have to open one at a time. They make pizza making easy-just open add sauce, cheese and toppings and bake. They come in a variety of flavors, sizes and options and they stay fresh in your pantry for a while. These are a great option for a busy family who is wants to eat healthy or have some allergies.
3. If you’re looking for all natural bath products, look no further than Colorado Aromatics. They have amazing, all natural, cultivated skincare. I found them after looking for something that a friend who has allergies could use without worry. The scent is amazing. The Lavender Gift Set is beautiful from the second you open up the box it comes. In the scent is powerful, but soft and so relaxing. The products are made with natural ingredients and made through time tested processes. The founder of the company is Dr. Cindy Jones, a bio chemist and herb farmer. These products are a great price point to invest in and if you have an extra after the holidays, keep it for yourself 🙂
4. One of my new favorites and I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to live without again, is MixMyOwn. Their service allows you to custom make your own cereal. The ingredients available range from super healthy, to gluten free, to uncommon. There is truly something for everyone. I’m going to warn you, once you sit down to create your own mix, you are going to spend at least an hour. There are so many choices and so many things to consider. I finally came up with a blend I love; freeze dried strawberries, cinnamon, almonds, mini marshmallows, gluten free whole grain oats, and gluten free corn flakes. For all of this you’d except MixMyOwn to be really expensive and it isn’t. Prices vary depending on your mix ins. However, I was able to get a pound of my mix for about $10. The mix showed up on my doorstep in just a few days and I dove right in. If you can’t make up your mind or want to use this as a gift for someone, purchase one of their pre mixed selections. This is a great idea if you have guests coming over for the holidays with dietary restrictions, or you want to have something really special on hand. It’s a great gift to give someone too! Oh and if you can’t remember what you put into your custom mix, just scan the QR code on the back of your package. I love that!
5. New Leaf Chocolates brings the “Of The Month Club” to a great new level. Their Chocolate of the Month club delivers hand selected, premium chocolate to your door (or the recipients’ door!) for three months, six months or nine months. You can select organic dark, dark or mixed milk and dark. I was able to try some of their gourmet chocolates and they were unique, delicious and high quality. This is a great way to give someone a gift that will cheer them up every time it arrives. It’s also a great way to try out new chocolates that you likely wouldn’t be exposed to other wise. The curators are constantly striving to find unique chocolates that will delight. As of the time I am writing this, they had over 150 different varieties. Don’t want a subscription? You can visit their site and buy single bars anytime.
6. One Love Organics offers an amazing line of organically made beauty care products. They are created with all natural ingredients, sold in adorable and recyclable containers and smell amazing. The Skin Savior is my new best friend. The Beauty Balm is a sold balm in a pot. It’s made of plant oil, mango butter and extracts. You can use this as a waterless cleanser. Just wipe it on, rub it in and wipe it off. Your skin is left feeling cleansed and moisturized. I love using this after a run before I run errands or head to coffee with a friend. You can also use this to tame fly aways, moisturize your skin or create custom make up. A little pot goes a long way. One Love Organics’ canvas cosmetic bag states simply on the front LOVE.
It’s adorable, eco friendly and the perfect gift wrapping for their products. This an eco friendly gift from top to bottom!
7. Taste Guru is the perfect gift for the gluten free eater on your list. Every month they deliver a box of goodies to your door, filled with gluten free goodness. At first I thought it was going to be all snack food. However, the box I received has breakfast bars, popcorn, wraps (for sandwiches), soup and even a whole meal kit in a box! It’s a great way tot try new products at a fraction of the cost of buying them in a health food store as well. You can gift boxes for three or six months or even a year. Taste Guru even had a gluten free magazine to help you get creative on your own. Take a peek at what a box looks like and click here to sign up.
8. Nature Box has been my saving grace during a very busy fall season. Every month they deliver five full size packages of healthy snacks to your door. Not only do you get the knowledge that what you are eating is healthy, you have variety and inventory delivered without leaving the house! Their snacks are free from all of the stuff that comes in traditionally packaged snack foods. This makes a great subscription service for a busy office worker, a mom who is always on the go or a college student. I work from home and love a little fun being delivered to my door every month. Visit their website to view their subscription options. And yes, you can cancel at any time.
9. One of the biggest problems families have in meal planning is not knowing what to cook. Once a Month Meals solves that. They provide brand new menus each month to keep you organized. You choose the meal plan you are interested in (gluten free, diet, traditional and more!) and they send you multiple meal and snack options. The ingredients are easy to obtain and there is no gourmet grocery store needed. These are meals you can cook with little time, limited cooking skill and get it done during the week. The subscription plan is well worth the cost. It will pay for itself by skipping eating out one meal! Take a peek at all their options here. This is a great gift for the new cook, busy mom or dad or someone who wants to eat healthier.
10. Mary Kay offers some amazing gift sets. Their Satin Hands set is a three step system that gets your hans the softest you have ever felt them. There is an exfoliator, a moisturizer and a final moisturizing step that are super functional as well as luxurious. You will love this system so much you’ll want one for yourself. I have bought these for lots of people over the years and love it for myself too. This is a perfect teacher gift or gift for someone whose tastes stump you. Order the Satin Hands kit here.
11. Fudge at First Sight is an amazing, consumable gift that fits everyone. Their fudge is available in a number of varieties and sizes. These are great party favors to gifts to send a loved one who lives far away. I tried dark chocolate peanut butter fudge and it was amazing. The little box it arrived in had an adorable bow and holiday decoration. The fudge was fully intact and was pre cut and separated into little cups. If you don’t have time to bake and want a lot of complements, get some Fudge at First Sight for your holiday party! Order early and they will ship for you!
12. Simple Scents by Keisha is an amazing clutter free gift. Their hand poured soy wax candles are just the right size for giving. These are made of soy, a renewable resource, burn longer and produce less soot than traditional candles. Their scents are amazing, but not so strong you will be over powered. They have lots of scents ranging from traditional vanilla to the more unique campfire. They are very affordable and perfect for giving! Get a few extras for teacher gifts, mail carriers, as well as hostess presents. Get a discount when you buy a bunch and have them on hand to give at any time!
*Please note we received samples of some of these items in order to test them out. We donated many of the samples. Some, we tried (chocolate and candies in particular to be able to depict the quality.) Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.