I’m always on the lookout for new pet gear that helps you stay organized, train more effectively and travel with your pets easily. Here are a few things I’ve come across recently that I love and wanted to share with you.
1. I like to feed my dog healthy treats. However, what they like and what’s good for them are two different things. I have two dogs with OCD issues and training treats are a big part of our routine. I recently came across Ryan’s Barkery. They make all natural treats that are low in fat and come in various flavors like Peanut Butter and Cheddar. They smell amazing. They smell so good you want to eat them yourself. I love that they can be broken into smaller bits for smaller dogs and they are surfy enough to be kept in a portable treat container for walks. Buy Ryan’s Barkery treats online here.
2. Starmark’s Bob a Lot toy is a BIG hit in my house. You can put in any small treat or kibble you have and your dog will amuse themselves for a long time bobbing it around. It fits up to three cups of food so you can actually use this to FEED your dog, not just treating them. They have to chase it around so it’s a good workout and for dogs who need a challenge, it’s a great brain activity. It’s made of durable plastic and the bottom is weighted so it bobs erratically. (Your dog won’t be able to figure it out.) You can also adjust the difficulty level by adjusting the openings. This is a great toy yo have and it will last for years. It comes in two sizes too. These make a great gift for a new pet owner or even a hostess gift!
3. Every pet owner should not only know how to preform pet first aid, but have a current first aid kit on hand. 1800 Pet Med’s First aid kit is a compact and comprehensive kit that’s easy to take with you wherever you go. This kit includes disposable gloves, antiseptic wipes, gauze, scissors, an emergency blanket, and many more supplies. It also includes a pet first aid manual to give you a basic knowledge of first aid for pets. All of these key first aid items are held in a durable, zippered bag outlined with reflective piping, so you can see it in low-light situations. Keep the Canine Friendly Pet First Aid Kit in your home, or if you take your pet with you on trips or to the dog park, keep it in your car.
1800PetMeds also has a WIDE range of shampoos, medications and other pet supplies. The prices are low, the shipping is fast and the quality is awesome. I’d never tried their supplies before, but I love that they are so reasonably priced and arrive at my door. Everything from breath freshener to flea shampoo! (Don’t forget the kitties in your life too!)
4. If your pet needs medications, you should investigate prescription cards for them. Many stores, including my local Costco, offer discount cards for PET medications. It’s a way to save money that you may not even have known about! Here is an example of one you can sign up for online http://freepetrxdiscountcard.com.
5. We have reviewed products by My Rad Dog in the past. Their new leash doesn’t disappoint. The Double Duty Leash is a great leash for all your adventures. You’ve seen, or even own, a leash that you can throw over your shoulder or around your waist, but the Double Duty is even better. When you let your dog free, simply clip the leash around your waist, then use the strap keepers and clip the Cyclops carabiner to secure the leash so it won’t swing or bounce as you walk or run. It’s a strong leash, yet still lightweight.
6. If you live in a snowy climate you need salt to melt the ice on your walkways. However, traditional salt isn’t safe for your pet or the environment. Natural Lawn’s Alternative Ice Melt works safely even in temperatures as cold as -12 degrees F. It comes in an easy to use shaker container. It’s easy to keep by the door and grab when you need it. The ice melt is gentle on your pavement too. Here are a few more statistics for you:
7. If your dog hoovers their food and you need to slow them down, try Omega’s Paw’s Stainless Portion Pacer. It’s a stainless steel lightweight ball that fits into your pet’s dish and slows them down from eating or drinking too quickly. I was unsure if this would work. I have a doggie who eats extremely fast and this slowed him down so he was chewing his food and took his time eating. The ball is easy to clean and comes in two sizes so it fits your dog’s needs and their bowl. When I wrote this review the Stainless Portion Pacer was selling for $14.99 on Amazon, much less than other portion pacer bowls out there. They also offer this tool in porcelain.
8. If you’re looking for a tiny training treat that’s easy to carry and give on the go, Bil-Jac’s treats are great. They are semi soft and moist. My dogs go nuts over these. They are all natural,made in the USA and a little bag contains over 100 treats. They are made with REAL ingredients and come in fun varieties like Breakfast Jacs (with egg and cheese). These are great treat to keep in your training bag, with your leash or even in the car.
9. Long haired dogs can leave fur everywhere if you don’t brush them regularly. The Furminator solves this. I like to use this deshedding tool that reduces shedding significantly. I love this tool By using this, I have very little shedding around my house and very few fur balls. My dog loves the feel of it. The fur stays on the comb until you use the release button to take it off. Groomers use this tool all the time. It comes in different sizes and options based on your pet’s fur length. This is one tool you will wonder how you ever lived without.
10. So if you’re anything like me you are covered in dog fur more often than not. And I got through lot of lint brushes and have to buy a lot of refills. I was recently able to try out Unmarx, a delinting tool that is lightweight and fits in your bag, glove box or even coat pocket. This a great little tool to tuck into your dog walking bag or even attach to your leash. It retails for $9.99 so you’ll save money by not having to buy all those lint brush refills anymore! Oh and it comes in some cute colors too 🙂
11. If you want to give your pet fresh water but don’t want to spend a lot of money on bottled water, try ZeroWater’s pitcher. It has an internal filter that removed 99.9% of contaminants. It allows you to make sure your pet isn’t getting chemicals or other impurities in their water. It’s also a great way to be environmentally friendly. Buy reusable water bottles and fill them with this. It comes with a water testing strip so you can always makes sure your water is as clean and fresh as it can be. You’ll also know when you need to replace the filter!
If you’re looking for something a little more portable, try Brita’s Blue Water Filter Bottle. Just fill it up anywhere you are and the water that comes out is clean and healthy. The bottle is:
- 20 oz. portable squeeze-bottle with replaceable water filter
- NSF certified to reduce chlorine, taste, odor, and sediment (class VI.)
- One filter can replace 150 plastic water bottles.
- BPA free recyclable bottle (click here for recycling details)
- Dishwasher safe (top shelf only)
12. If your pet sometimes has an accident in the house, cleaning it up can be tough. I was recently able to ry Fizzion Pet Stain remover. It uses the power of oxygen (like club soda) to remove stains. It does so deep down and removes the smell too. The best part of this is that your pet is less apt to return to the same spot to have an accident in the future. (They are drawn to the same spots over and over again via smell.) This cleaner comes in tablet form. Just fill a spray bottle with warm water and drop it in! You’ll be thrilled with the results.
13. If you have cats, you know about the battle to find the right litter. Arm &Hammer is solving that for you. It’s not just a new litter, it’s a new kind of litter. ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ Cat Litter is specially formulated to provide exceptional odor control. Moisture-activated Micro-Granules form a tight seal around your cat’s odors while heavy duty odor eliminators and ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda destroy sealed-in odors. It’s the secret to keeping your house fresh for 7 days, guaranteed. You can buy it on Amazon!
It’s the Secret to 7-Day Odor-Free Home – Guaranteed
- Seals: Moisture-activated micro-granules form an odor containing seal around urine and feces.
- Destroys: Heavy duty odor eliminators plus ARM & HAMMERTM Baking Soda destroy sealed-in odors on contact, so they never leave the litter box.
- No Crumbly Clumps: Plant-derived particles help create rock solid clumps for easyscooping.
- Ultra Low Dust: Helps keep floors cleaner for a happy, healthy home.
- Low Tracking: Unique formula helps keep litter in the box instead of on cats’ feet.
- Soft Touch: Made with micro-particles – cats will love the new, softer feel.
14. Natural Paws presents the world’s first SPRAYABLE ear wash! EARoma thEARapy™ delivers Natural Paws’ signature botanical bliss to your dog’s ears. The spray is easy to put directly on my dog’s ears or onto a cloth and it smells great. (Cleaning our dog’s ears isn’t always the most fun task, right? Why do the products also have to stink?) It’s gentle…my dog doesn’t seem to mind this ear wash unlike some of the other’s I’ve used. It’s all natural so I feel better about cleaning her ears every week with this. I don’t use chemicals in my own cosmetics, why would I use them for my dog? The glass bottle is full recyclable when you’re done. However, the bottle will last you a while! The gentle smell of this actually seems to sooth me dog. Or maybe she knows I like the smell 🙂 They also carry other pet products too! Click the bottle to check them all out.
15. If you travel withy our pet or take them hiking or on day trips with you, you’re going to love Sleepypod’s Yummy Travel Bowl. The bowls come in delightful colors and are made of silicone. Each bowl is made up of three pieces.
The bowl allows you to pack water and food, seal it and go. The bowl is microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe. The water portion has a lip to avoid spillage. I love using this in the car because the silicone sticks to the floor and the water doesn’t slosh around. These are awesome for long term trips too. With two dogs, carrying lots of bowls is a pain, this is a great and compact way to pack and feed my dogs on the go.
16. For the doggie who travels, I love Kurgo’s Wander Bed. The bed is soft and fleecy on one side and a special bottom so it doesn’t slide around. The bed “puffs up” when you unroll it. However, when it’s all rolled up, it is portable, lightweight and due to its handle, easy to carry. I love this for people who road trip with their dog, take their dogs to a hotel or even to the office. This also also great for camping dogs! There is even a pocket to hold a small toy, leash or packable water bowl. The bed comes in two sizes and two colors. Take a peek at them on Kurgo’s site. They have lots of great dog gear!