While I share a lot on the blog, there’s a huge part of my life that’s personal. I get a lot of questions about who I am, what I do in my free time, and how I got to be who I am today. So today I’m going to share some little known facts about myself. Some of these things I bet some of my friends don’t even know. They are made up of unique stories, snippets in time and funny events.
1. I used to work for the Patriots football team at Gillette Stadium. I was a “banker” who ran money to and from some of the food vendors. I was at the 1997 playoff games among lots and lots of others.
2. I was never a dog person until Roxy was in our car on the way home from the rescue. I wanted a dog and loved the idea of having a pet, but I had never had a dog personally.
3. I once had a cat named Clyde. (My parents named him.)
4. I’ve run dozens of road races. I started running in high school and never stopped. I love running a race in a tutu.
5. I love loud music-especially while driving. My car has equipment to make this possible.
6. I love blueberry and hazelnut coffee. (Together). The dining hall in college served it and it was called the “black bear blend”.
7. I’m an only child but I have “adopted” family who I call sisters, cousins and nephews. My husband is also an only child.
8. I love to read. They know me by name at the library. My favorite books are suspense. I once took a writing class in college taught by Stephen King.
9. I hate wearing shoes. I’d rather be barefoot. Despite being an organizer, I have a lot of sneakers.
10. I was a special education teacher prior to becoming an organizer. I loved my job and my students!
What else would you like to know? Ask me in the comments below and you just might see your answer in an upcoming blog post.