Yes Christmas is days away. However if you are feeling stressed out and behind the eight ball, you CAN still have a great holiday! Here a few tips for things you can do quickly and easily that will make a big difference. Remember, done is better than perfect!
1. Have your kids help out. If you already have house guests ask them to help too with the small tasks. Having “all hands on deck” will help things go much faster and will help the stress levels. After all, if everyone is helping no one is left to be under foot!
2. Decorate one room. If you haven’t gotten all the decorations up yet, just decorate the room you are going to celebrate in. Forgot the lights outside or the wreath for the front door. After all, you are going to celebrate inside! Put up your favorite decorations only.
3. Buy food pre-made. Go ahead and buy the pie from the bakery or the vegetables from the super market. No one will know and you will save time. Call ahead to some of your favorite local restaurants and see if they offer group sized portions. Restaurants need the business this year and you can save yourself a lot of time and just sit back and relax!
4. Use bags or pillowcases to wrap. These are quicker and easier and can be reused after the holiday is over. If you are giving your kids gifts from Santa, consider giving them unwrapped.
5. Forget the cards. If you haven’t sent them out yet, wait until after the new year and celebrate the beginning of 2021 with a New Year’s wish instead. Or, send e-cards and save the paper and the stamp!
6. Forgive yourself. 2020 was a year like we’ve never seen before. We all faced challenges we never knew we’d be up against. This holiday season sit back, relax and just take a moment to soak in the celebration.