Okay Thanksgiving is tomorrow and chances are if you’re reading this you are either already prepared and have things under control or you are procrastinating getting ready.
For those of you who aren’t ready here are a few easy and quick steps to get things under control and bring your stress levels down.
1. Walk around the house with a trash bag and throw garbage away. Empty small trash cans to give the room a cleaner look.
2. Put away piles of mail. Keep what needs to be kept (bills, etc) and throw away/shred/recycle everything else. The holidays are super busy and its not the time to keep extra catalogs and magazines.
3. Sweep the front step. The house looks more inviting and cleaner right away.
4. Set the table as early as possible. It takes time and any time you can save on Thanksgiving morning is valuable.
5. Have your family help. While they may not do it “perfectly” they can provide an extra set of hand, or two or three!
6. Cut one thing out of your menu. This could be something simple like rolls or it could be the last pie that is really over kill. Thanksgiving is about food, but its really about the people!