I love crafts. However, I like EASY crafts that are USEFUL. This craft is the perfect combination. It’s easy, the materials are easy to find and inexpensive.
Rustic and modern at the same time, this craft is useful, beautiful and easy. Click To Tweet
I got the inspiration from DIY Rustic Modern Metal Crafts. I will be honest I set out to create one craft from this book. It was so hard to choose and there are lots and lots of easy and beautiful crafts to create. This book is a must have for any crafter.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Clock Kit (I found mine on Amazon)
Eye protection and work gloves
Paint in your choice of color (I bought white from Darby Smart)
I had everything on hand except the pan, paint and clock kit. Total for all of the materials was about $20.
Start Your Crafting Engines!
- Measure the pan with the ruler and mark the halfway point.
- Drill a hole on the mark you made. Use a metal file to soften any harsh edges if necessary.
- Open up the clock kit and read the instructions. (Yes, this is important-you’ll save a lot of time…I learned the hard way.)
- Insert your clock kit and if necessary, add a drop of glue (keep it off the moving parts!) to secure the mechanisms in place.
- Spread out the numbers on a newspaper and use the paint brush to paint them in the color of your choice. You can choose to seal them with a sealant or Mod Podge if you like. Make sure they dry completely.
- Add the numbers to the clock and glue in place. It’s best to lay all of them out before gluing. Start with the 12 and 6 and place the remaining numbers from there.