Creating a vision board can change the way you see you life. Click To TweetYou’ve probably heard about vision boards. They have been made popular by celebrities like Oprah. A vision board is a collection of pictures describing your long term goals and life’s aspirations. You can use vision boards to meet a specific career goal, financial goal or to live the life you have imagined in your head. Want to know how to put one together?
1. Collect a pile of magazines on various topics you’d like your vision board to encompass. Head to a large book store for a wide variety. Or, ask your friends and family to pass off their magazines to you. If you want assemble your board digitally, you simply need to search for images online. (Make sure you have the rights to use them!)
2. Assemble materials such as poster board and glue.
3. Cut out pictures that are part of the life you want to lead. Make sure to include all areas of your life; home, family, friends, food, pets and career.
4. Make sure the board is big enough to fit all of the items you want, but small enough so it’s easily displayed in an area you can see every day. I suggest near your desk or in the closet so you see it at the start and end of every day.
5. Vision boards work because they use one of your mind’s most powerful tools, visualization. It’s a technique that even Olympic athletes use. Putting your long term goals in front of you, every single day can have a powerful impact on the activities you take day in and day out.
For the tech savvy vision board maker, there are apps available. (I haven’t tried these)
Jack Canfield’s vision board app can be found here.
Happy Tapper allows you to keep your goals and dreams in your pocket.
I assembled my vision board with digital photos and I used Canva. They offer templates you can customize any way you want…
6. A vision board will change over time. Keep in mind you’ll want to update it at least once a year. When assembling your board, make sure you have room to spread out and the environment is comfortable. A kitchen table is a great location. Have a cup of coffee and listen to some music while you work 🙂
What would you put on your vision board? Share it with us in the comments below!