Getting organized seems like a monumental task. It often seems so monumental that it’s difficult to know where to start. So, that being said, here are 12 ways you can make a difference in your life today. The timing will never be perfect. Today is the day to make your life easier. You have the power! Today is the day to make your life easier. You have the power! Click To Tweet
Tackling one of these items today won’t take you long at all. However, the time it will save you down the road is huge!
1. Stop keeping magazines and newspapers to read later. Skim them and rip out the articles you want to read. Recycle or donate the rest of the magazine.
2. Use a three ring binder with page protectors inside to store instruction manuals. This way you can always find them when you need them.
3. Use lazy susan trays in the pantry so you can see and access everything you have. This also works for in a bathroom cabinet for first aid supplies.
4. Use hooks underneath shelves to store mugs or other small items. This maximizes your vertical space.
5. Use hooks on the inside of cabinet doors to hold and organize utensils and measuring cups.
6. Use ice cube trays to organize small office supplies, household items (like batteries) or earrings. You can usually find these at the dollar store.
7. Store tank tops or scarves on a hanger by adding shower curtain rings.
8. Add a clear over door shoe organizer on every door to add space. These are great for office supplies, cosmetics, small toys, small food items and accessories.
9. Label things with a label maker. OR, buy some washi tape and use it with a dark marker.
10. Separate laundry into lights, darks and delicates as you take them off. You save time on laundry day sorting.
11. Add garbage bags to the bottom of the can. When you take one out, refilling is fast and easy.
12. Create a cleaning caddy with supplies and keep one on every floor. Cleaning up a mess is fast and easy this way.
Do you have a quick tip to add to the list? Let me know in the comments below!