Staying healthy (and stress free) during the holiday season is no easy feat. So often we put everyone else first and our own health suffers. However, when you are happy, healthy and rested, the holidays are that much more enjoyable. So how do you do this? Read on to find out.
This post was sponsored by Massage Envy as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. My opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way.
- Schedule time for yourself. You wouldn’t miss an appointment with your boss or lunch with your best friend. Put your appointments on the calendar and stick to them. (Even if you just want to spend some time in bed!) Because you are going to have a lot on your plate and you’ll be forced to give up some things during the holidays, you owe yourself a message. It’s your #becausemoment.
- Determine what’s important. There’s a lot to be said about upholding holiday traditions. However, sometimes we do things simply because we’ve always done them. Stop and determine what’s really important to you and your family. If something no longer meets your lifestyle, skip it (guilt free).
- Get a massage. While racing from one holiday event to the next, your body can become tense. Allow your body and mind to relax and unwind with a massage. Not only will you feel great after a massage, it can help problems like headaches, muscle aches and digestive issues.
- Get yourself a gift. The holidays require a lot of shopping and preparation. That time has to come from somewhere. Chances are, you were already very busy BEFORE adding all of these tasks into your busy life. Find a way to cut back on something else during the holidays so you can accomplish the tasks necessary. For example, have someone clean the house or purchase some pre-made meals. By getting a massage or facial, you’ll feel relaxed and looked beautiful. It’s all part of getting ready to celebrate! Add these into your routine of getting your nails done and a haircut prior to parties.
- Continue to workout as you did prior to the holidays. This is an easy time of the year to skip workouts, but staying healthy and fit is more important that perfectly wrapped presents.
- Eat healthy. Yes, you are going to have your share of holiday cookies. However, if you skip your fruits and veggies you’re prone to become ill. Even if you’re racing out the door, grab a juice or apple to keep the germs at bay.
- Hand sanitizer is your best friend. You’re going to be seeing a lot of people during the holidays. Keep hand sanitizer in your car, purse and on your desk. Use it more than you think you need to in order to ensure those germs stay away.
- Relax. Even if your schedule is jam packed, find at least a little time to relax and enjoy! Give yourself a #becausemoment and get a massage!
Want to find out more about Massage Envy’s offerings? (They make a great gift. Not only are massages one size fits all, they are clutter free!) Visit their sites here: