January is National Get Organized Month. And while getting organized is always in the top three New Year’s Resolutions for people, it rarely gets accomplished the way people would like it to. Here are a few reasons you should make 2016 the year that you finally get organized.
1. Save money. Stop repurchasing things you own but can’t find and use what you have.
2. Save the Earth. By not purchasing when you already own something you are reducing your carbon footprint. You also avoid unnecessary trips and gas waste by not running to the store over and over again.
3. Save time. When you can find things, you save time. Get really organized and you will be amazed as to what you can accomplish during the day.
4. Studies have shown that those who are organized, weigh less. Its worth a try right?
5. Love you home. Lots of people dislike the size of their home, their decor, etc. Getting rid of clutter helps you love your space again. And, with less clutter, even the smallest space will seem bigger.
6. Help those less fortunate. In our down economy, there are lots of families who need assistance. The extra coat that is clutter in your closet may mean the world to someone in need.
7. Being organized means less stress. If you can get through your day without having to look for things, argue about messes, etc you will be happier and your week less stressful.
8. Being organized allows you to eat healthier. Getting your kitchen organized means that you can cook more effectively, store healthy foods, use the food you have purchased, eat at home and pack healthy lunches. Its worth the time investment.
9. The average American spends an hour a day looking for things they know they own but cannot find. Why waste that time?
10. Kids learn from adults. Are you teaching them to be successful, confident adults?