Yes Christmas is literally hours away. However if you are feeling stressed out and behind the eight ball, you CAN still have a great holiday! Here a few tips for things you can do quickly and easily that will make a big difference. Remember, done is better than perfect!
1. Have your kids help out. If you already have house guests ask them to help too with the small tasks. Having “all hands on deck” will help things go much faster and will help the stress levels. After all, if everyone is helping no one is left to be under foot!
2. Decorate one room. If you haven’t gotten all the decorations up yet, just decorate the room you are going to celebrate in. Forgot the lights outside or the wreath for the front door. After all, you are going to celebrate inside! Put up your favorite decorations only.
3. Buy food premade. Go ahead and buy the pie from the bakery or the vegetables from the super market. No one will know and you will save time. Call ahead to some of your favorite local restaurants and see if they offer group sized portions.
4. Use bags or pillowcases to wrap. These are quicker and easier and can be reused after the holiday is over.
5. Forget the cards. If you haven’t sent them out yet, wait until after the new year and celebrate 2016 with a card to friends and family.
6. Forgive yourself. Forgot about what ever didn’t get done. Make note of it so you can change things up for next year, but at this point its best to forgive, relax and enjoy!